One of my favorite quick, easy and healthy breakfasts is oatmeal, especially when I am postpartum and need something filling but good for you! And this apple pie variation makes it perfect for Fall!
So for all you pregnant & postpartum mama’s out there, give this Apple Pie Oatmeal recipe a try! You will feel satisfied, but never overstuffed or bloated. This recipe is seriously SO easy and SO satisfying!!
And while I loooooove a leisurely morning with my family, those rarely happen in our house! That’s why I love this recipe so much. It is perfect for me because it’s so simple to make and keeps me full for hours so I can stay energized for my 4 kiddos!!!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 1 serving of steel cut oats (I like these because they have more protein and are usually gluten free, but you can use any oats here)
- 6oz greek yogurt (I use Oikos)
- Cinnamon to taste
- Half or Full apple chopped
- Optional: Raw Honey (raw and local is best! But no raw honey for babes under 1!)
- Start by cooking your oatmeal or steel cut oats as directed on the package.
- Add 1 cup of cooked steel cut oats (or oatmeal) to the bowl.
- Add 6oz of Oikos Greek yogurt (this is my fave cause it doesn’t haven’t any sugar!)
- Stir in honey if you want it sweetened
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon on yogurt
- Top with cut honeycrisp apples
- Stir together & enjoy!!
If you are a member of my Made for More Community and follow the Ultimate Portion Fix nutrition program, this recipe is 1 yellow, 1 purple, 1 red.